Friday, June 8, 2012

This is the Final Countdown...

So I leave for Providence, RI in less than 48 hours and I'm finally starting to feel prepared and actually feel like I'm leaving. I don't think my brain was comprehending the fact that I was leaving so soon, but now that my fundraising goal has been met, my 60+ mile ride (76.09 to be exact) is completed, packing is under way, and Tim left my house for Maryland it is really starting to hit me.

I got a text from Vicky last night saying she put the cherry on top of my fundraising sundae and it was verrrrrry exciting. It is crazy how many people have contributed to this trip, and the support for the affordable housing cause is certainly appreciated!

I spent last week in Massachusetts, which wasn't too productive in terms of B&B planning, but super productive in personally getting ready! I activated a borrowed smart phone and donated my hair to Lockes for Love and rode my beloved orange Cannondale one last time before embarking on my trip with my new Giant bike. I set up a Picasa album so I can upload pics directly from my phone. Check out the link on the right ------>





This week Tim was in New Jersey so in between doing fun things with him I worked on some planning and organizing! We went on a 76.09 bike ride on Tuesday, my longest ride ever! We rode all the way back up to Jamesburg from Swedesboro, NJ. My legs felt like jello by the end and I was ready to take a nap about 50 miles in....but alas we made it back and I was sure tired....while Tim was ready to go for a run, it was an easy day on the bike for him... half as fast as he usually goes, but he's crazy.

Today I took my bike to the shop for some last minute tuning for loose parts and funny noisy and hopefully it'll be good to go tomorrow when I pick it up.

Tomorrow I have to go do some last minute errands and finish packing, even though I'm already basically out of space!!! Chris, one of my co-leaders arrives to Jamesburg tomorrow with our van and we're leaving early Sunday morning to head to Providence, RI for the week!!!



Next post from the road..... SOOOO CRAZZZZZYYYYY


No comments:

Post a Comment