Monday, December 12, 2011

Welcome to the Adventure


So for those of you who don't know, I am embarking on a great adventure this upcoming summer. I have been accepted into a program called Bike and Build and will be biking across the United States of America, stopping along the way to volunteer with affordable housing organizations and raise awareness for America's housing crisis. The journey will take 10 weeks and will take me through 13 states riding along the historical route 66 for a period of time. As if the adventure isn't a challenge enough, I have to meet some other requirements before dipping my wheel into the Atlantic ocean at the start of my journey in June. Between now and June 16 I have to bike 500 miles, raise $4,500, and volunteer with an affordable housing organization of my choice! I am quite busy finishing my job at Ababcus Architects and have not been able to get out an bike more than the few miles to and from work everyday due to cold weather and dark nights, but stay tuned for more documentation as my training progresses! I'm also seeking supporters, for every dollar you donate I get one mile closer to the west coast....so far my funds haven't gotten my out of Maine! Help!:(
To donate visit: http://bikeandbuild.org/rider/5497
To read more about Bike and Build: www.bikeandbuild.org

No comments:

Post a Comment